Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
- A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
- Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
- Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
- It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”
This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.
Theme Thursdays is hosted by Kavyen @ Reading Between Pages.
A tough one this week because I’ve just started reading this one. I had to randomly open a page and scan the paragraphs for any color mentioned. Found one at last!
My mother is forty-five, a few pounds overweight, but the big purple flower doesn’t frighten her off; the sobriety and chic of a uniform beige, on the other hand, would leave her paralyzed with terror.
- Page 212, The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery